Resort Market segmentationPosted by: orangesnake823 | Posted on: September 2, 2019
Resort Market segmentation is dividing broader Resort Markets into distinct groups with distinct needs, wants, characteristics, behavior and resources of buyers.
A Resort Market segment is a homogenous group of customers who will respond to a Resort Marketing mix in a similar way. They will respond in a similar way to a given set of Resort Market effort.
STRATEGIES OF Resort Market ING SEGMENTATION
This is dividing a Resort Market into different geographic units based on boundaries such as nations, cities, neighborhoods, countries etc.
A company may decide to operate or localize their products in one geographic unit to serve them all while including specific needs of the region. This has been seen in The Daily Nation Nairobi Edition which is focused sharply on the Nairobi people.
This is dividing the Resort Market into groups based on variable such as age, gender, family size, income, occupation, education, race and nationality. Using these variables, the Resort Market segmentation based on age may be keen on focus on groups such as teens, youth, elderly or even infants. They could focus that would satisfy the needs of these groups.
Buyers are grouped into groups based on the knowledge, attitudes, uses or responses to a product.
This can be further subdivided into;
- Occasion: a firm may tailor its products according to when buyers decides, gets the idea or has the need to purchase a product. E.g. a wedding dress needed for a wedding, roses needed for valentines or air ticket triggered by business, vacation, leisure or purposes.
- Benefits: this is dividing a Resort Market according to the need benefit customers seek from a product. E.g. laundry detergents like omo, sunlight. The customers are segmented based on basis of benefits sought. Another example may be travelling because of scholarship or adventure.
- User status: this is segmenting Resort Markets into groups of users, potential users, first time users, regular users.
- Usage rate: there are light, medium, and heavy users of a product. Products such cigarettes fall in this class there are the heavy smokers and the light ones too.
- Loyalty status: buyers can be divided according to their degree of loyalty. A consumer may be able to be loyal to a brand, shops, restaurant.egloyalty to Nike shoes, tuskys superResort Market.
This is division of groups based on social class, lifestyle or personality characteristics. E.g. cosmetics for the rich, middle and low class.
Multiple segmentation: used to identify smaller and better defined target groups that have been mixed on basis of selection e.g. segmenting a Resort Market based on the geographic and demographic factors.
Segmenting business Resort Markets
Business Resort Markets may apply some approaches such as
- Programmed buyers: these are buyers who buy products on routine basis
- Relationship buyers
- Transaction buyers
- Bargain hunters
Segmenting international buyers
Use of geographic segmentation which divides Resort Markets into regions which assume that nations close to one another have similar traits and behaviors. The major factors used are economic factors, political-legal and cultural factors.
- Inter-Resort Market segmentation
This is forming Resort Market segments of consumers with similar needs and buying behavior even though they are from different countries e.g. Mercedes targets well to do individuals from across all nations.